Tue, Jan 31|
Body Weight & Resistance Training
We know from extensive research studies that physical activity is critical to our health and healing so we are adding some movement classes to our offerings. Please join us if your body is ready for light resistance training.
Time & Location
Jan 31, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
About the Event
Bodyweight resistance training can be a great alternative to hitting the gym. It's low cost and convenient as movements can be performed anywhere with little to no equipment. Primarily using gravity as resistance, everyday movement patterns become easier such as pushing, pulling, sitting, standing, reaching and bending.
Advantages of body weight training include:
- Improves balance
- Increases flexibility
- Improves functional movement
- Increases confidence
- Improves core strength and stability
The following equipment is recommended for the resistance training class:
- Flat resistance band - Theraband (or something similar located in the sporting goods section at big box stores) or a yoga strap - Stretching Strap (or something similar located in the sporting goods section at big box stores); or an old t-shirt, or small bath towel will do nicely
- Exercise mat, or bath towel to lay on the floor
Melina Waddle is a dear friend of Karla's and has been a personal trainer and group fitness teacher since 2008. She has worked with a variety of clients meeting them at their fitness level and helping them advance to their full potential. Melina’s instruction focuses on the quality of movement which is an essential element for safety and effectiveness.
Melina's Credentials and designations
- BEd. Kinesiology & Health Promotion, University of Kentucky
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor and Behavior Change Specialist
- Zumba Basic Level 1 Instructor
Date: Tuesday, Janaury 31, 2023
Time: 8-9:00am PT / 9-10:00am MT / 10-11:00am CT / 11-12:00pm ET
For more info contact info@HealthNavs.com or Karla at 847-306-9599
Single Sweat Session
Join just one Zumba class to get your sweat session in.