Medicinal mushroom broth is a sipping broth made with or seasoned by mushrooms. It is known to activate the immune system, decrease inflammation, re-mineralize the body, and more. It improves digestion, nourishes the blood, and provides an invigorating dose of energy.
* 1 medium yellow onion (halved)
* 2 garlic bulbs (halved)
* 3 medium celery ribs (chopped into 2 inch pieces)
* 1 small leek (washed and cut into quarter-inch pieces — including the green part)
*10 dried shiitake mushrooms
* 6 fresh cremini mushrooms
* ½ cup of fresh maitake mushrooms (broken up into small pieces)
* 1 cup of lions mane mushrooms, chopped
* 1 piece of kombu (one of my favorite sea vegetables!)
* 1 tsp. of Himalayan salt
* 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
* 8 cups of water
Place all of the ingredients into your pot:
- Instant Pot: Cook for 1 hour under high pressure.
- Slow cooker: Cook for 3-4 hours on low.
- Stove top: Simmer for 4-6 hours or until the broth has a dark rich color.
Turn off the heat, strain the broth through a sieve, and discard the solids.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.